Roxie’s Recipes (for the Lazy Cook)
A good cook should be prepared to make everything from scratch – in fact, Miss Sandra absolutely insists on it. When I’m just making a quick breakfast for me and Linda, however, I see no problem with starting with canned hash. It also comes in handy if you need to prepare this particular dish in a hurry for a hungry guest. I do, however, like always, need to add the “Roxie touch”.
- 1 can of store-bought corned beef hash
- ½ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Montreal steak seasoning to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute the red onion until slightly browned. Add the corned beef hash and season with Worcestersauce sauce, steak seasoning and a dash of salt & pepper.
- Cook until the corned beef starts to brown, turning often. Now add your fresh parsley and continue to cook for another 5 minutes, mixing the parsley thoroughly into the corned beef.
- Poach one or two eggs, either using the traditional method or microwave. Hint: If you decide to microwave, pierce each yoke with the tip of a sharp knife to keep it from “exploding” in the microwave, then cover with a teaspoon of water.
- Shown served here with fresh orange juice and toast.
Now, Sunday at 9pm, tune your radio to KNVC 95.1 FM Carson City – or if you’re not in range, you can pull it up on their website: https://knvc.org. If you happen to miss it for some reason, they will re-air it next Friday at 8pm.
Need to catch up on previous episodes? You can now catch Secrets of Harridge House on https://www.imdb.com! Or go to https://anchor.fm/harridgehouse or your favorite podcast provider to stream previous episodes from Season 1 and Season 2.